Monday, January 19, 2009

We have eggs!

We unexpectedly discovered that the four scavenged chickens my dad brought us had started laying. We had intended to order chicks last spring, but MiMi got us sidetracked a bit from that endeavor. The eggs are a decent size and a lovely pinkish color once washed--not bad for random feral chickens. Store eggs pale in comparison to home-grown. I am looking forward to many omelets, quiches, and fried egg sandwiches--who knows, maybe I will even attempt a soufflé!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara,
Congrats on your first eggs! I'm so glad to have found your blog, and that you have found mine. Thanks for the encouragement on my my MLK post. It's hard to speak about these things in "public" but it is important. I'm very interested to read that Le Guin short story now, and then re-visit your thoughts on it!
peace,
Caren